Hidden sources of gluten are an important health issue. Because this substance also hides in foods that are naturally gluten-free, supposedly, or become contaminated with others when being processed or mixed.
Gluten has been suspected for years to cause adverse health effects. In addition, more and more people show an intolerance to gluten, even severe allergic reactions. The main source of gluten is the protein in various cereals.
Especially in today's farmed wheat, the gluten content is particularly high. But a gluten-free diet is not always easy, especially if you can't always cook yourself, especially when there are hidden sources of gluten that can be treacherous.
Navigating the world of gluten-free eating can be daunting, especially when you're just starting out. The premise of the gluten-free diet is very simple: if you stick to whole, unprocessed foods and avoid wheat, barley, rye, and all their derivatives, you're fine.
However, as easy as it may seem to get a simple, unprocessed meal when you go out to eat, you will quickly learn that you have to be well aware in order to make sure you don't accidentally find a bit of gluten on your plate, which it is considered as hidden sources of gluten.
Wheat is the number one source of gluten
The largest source of gluten among foods is modern, cultivated wheat. This is particularly notable because wheat products are in the daily diet of many people, often several times a day. Breads, buns, breaded dishes, ready meals, desserts, cookies and so on.
Therefore, a first step towards a gluten-free diet should be a wheat-free diet. Of course, this also includes products that contain wheat. For example, if you don't want to give up on grain, you can switch to oats, rye, barley, or spelled.
But there are even gluten-free cereals, which are consequently more suitable. Also, pseudo cereals like buckwheat and quinoa are a good alternative. Wheat flour can also be replaced by various types of gluten-free flour: flaxseed, walnut flour, or chestnut flour can be good alternatives.
Foods that are hidden sources of gluten
Remember, if you are gluten intolerant, you need to stay away from gluten 100% of the time. Here are some foods you need to be more vigilant about when eating out:
1. Scrambled eggs: Some restaurants add pancake mix to scrambled eggs to make them fluffier, which ends up adding gluten to our dishes.
2. Fish and seafood: Fish and seafood are sometimes dusted with flour to prevent sticking to the cooking surface.
3. Vegetables: They could be steamed in the same water that is used to prepare or reheat pasta.
4. Soups: The soup base is often made from a flour base.
5. French fries and corn chips: These are often contaminated with gluten when prepared in a pan that is used to fry other breaded foods.
6. French Fries: Can be coated with a flour mixture, and like French fries, sometimes contaminated with gluten when fried in a pan that is used to fry other breaded foods.
7. Crab: Make sure to eat king crab, as king crab is gluten free, however imitation crab often is not.
8. Sauces: Often the base of sauces is made with a roué, which uses flour. Other sauces, such as soy sauce and teriyaki sauce are usually found with fermented wheat.
9. Hamburgers or meatloaf: Breadcrumbs are often added to hamburgers, meatballs, and meatloaf.
10. Mashed potatoes: Flour is sometimes added to mashed potatoes as a thickening agent.
11. Vegan Meat Substitutes: Vegan sausage products are often made from wheat.
Be sure to speak with the restaurant manager to find gluten-free items on the menu before ordering. Be sure to tell the manager or chef that both the food and its preparation must be gluten-free.
There is a much wider range of size in men's penises when flaccid, with the average ranging from 1 to 4 inches. In general, smaller, flaccid penises lengthen at erection by a greater percentage than larger, flaccid penises, with most men reaching an average size of 5 to 7 inches. This means the flaccid size of a penis is not a good predictor of erect size. The vast majority of men measure within the average genital size range and have a penis size that is more than adequate for sexual functioning.